« Back

W-2 Tax Statement - Alumni

The W-2 tax statement is used to file your federal, state and local income taxes. It provides yearly wage and tax information to employees, the Social Security Administration, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and state/local governments. 

2018 W-2 Statements

Former employees will receive a paper W-2 tax statement via USPS postmarked no later than January 31, 2019 to the address on file with Best Buy as of December 28, 2018.

If you need another copy of your 2018 W-2 statement mailed to you, call ADP at 1-800-422-9410 after February 5. Fees apply.

You may receive multiple W-2 statements if: 

  • You changed jobs or locations within the year. You may have transferred legal entities, and you will receive a W-2 for each entity.
  • You earned wages which were taxed in more than one state or local entity. You will receive a W-2 for each state and/or local entity.

Update Your Address

Update your address each year by Dec. 28 to ensure accurate W-2 delivery. To make changes, call the HR Support Center at 1-866-MY-BBY-HR (1-866-692-2947), Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT.

NOTE: The USPS does not forward W-2/tax information mailings, even if a forwarding address is on file. They will be returned to sender. 

W-2 Correction

If you find an error on your W-2, such as incorrect Social Security number or incorrect wages or taxes, call the HR Support Center at 1-866-MY-BBY-HR (1-866-692-2947), Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT to report the error and request a correction.

NOTE: An inaccurate address does not require a correction.

Previous W-2 Statements

If you need additional copies of W-2 statements from 2017 or 2016, call ADP at 1-800-422-9410. Fees apply.