Form 1095: Medical Benefits Tax Form - Alumni
Form 1095 is a tax form required under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) that shows the months you and/or your dependents were eligible for health insurance coverage.
According to the IRS, while the information on these forms may help you complete your tax return, they are not needed to file. You can file your federal tax return even if you have not received one of these statements. Look for this form, verify the information and retain it along with your W-2 and other tax documents.
Who Will Receive Form 1095
You will receive Form 1095 if, for at least one day during the year, you were any of the following:
- a full-time employee
- a part-time employee who was offered medical benefits
- an individual with COBRA coverage
Delivery by Mail
Form 1095 will be mailed by Feb. 1, 2020. It will be sent by mail in its own envelope, separate from your W-2 and other tax forms.
The 2019 Form 1095 will be available for digital download after February 7, 2020. Former employees can access by following these steps:
- Go to the Best Buy Rewards Site. If you are a first-time user since leaving Best Buy, enter your Social Security Number as your Employee ID and click Register as a New User.
- Click on the Medical Tax Form 1095 tile (you may need to click Show More for this tile to appear).
- Click Year-End Tax Statements. You can download your form in pdf, or request a fax or mailed copy.
For all questions related to Form 1095, call the Benefits Center at 1-866-475-6733, Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT.