Form 1095: Frequently Asked Questions - Alumni
For general Form 1095 information, including eligibility details, delivery information and additional resources, see Form 1095: Medical Benefits Tax Form - Alumni.
- I have not received my Form 1095 in the mail. What do I do?
Forms will be mailed by February 1, 2020. If you have not received your form in the mail by February 7:
- Access the form online. See Form 1095: Medical Benefits Tax Form - Alumni for access instructions, or
- Call the Best Buy Benefits Center at 1-866-475-6733, Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT to request a new copy be mailed to you.
- Is Form 1095 available electronically?
Yes, it is available electronically after February 7. See Form 1095: Medical Benefits Tax Form - Alumni for access instructions.
- I'm not able to access the form online. What do I do?
The form is available electronically after February 7. See Form 1095: Medical Benefits Tax Form - Alumni for access instructions. If you're still unable to access the site, call the Best Buy Benefits Center at 1-866-475-6733, Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT.
- How do I get a copy of my Form 1095?
You can either take a copy of the paper form you received in the mail, or you can print a copy online after February 7. If you need a new copy mailed to you, call the Best Buy Benefits Center at 1-866-475-6733, Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT.
- Will my spouse/dependents get their own copy?
No. You will need to give copies of your Form 1095 to any eligible dependents who file their own tax return.
- Are there different versions of Form 1095?
Yes. There are three versions: Form 1095-A, Form 1095-B, and Form 1095-C.
Form Sent To Sent From Form 1095-A
Those enrolled in medical coverage during 2016
through a federal or state marketplace.
Marketplace Form 1095-B
Those eligible for coverage under a fully-insured plan.
At Best Buy, this includes only HMSA (Hawaii)
and UHC Global.
Medical Carrier Form 1095-C
Those eligible for coverage under a self-insured or
fully-insured plan. At Best Buy, this includes all plans through United Healthcare (UHC) or Medica,
HMSA (Hawaii) and UHC Global.
- What information is included on Form 1095-C?
There are three parts to Form 1095-C:
- Part I. Employee and employer information.
- Part II. Coverage offered.
- Part III. Covered individuals by month.
- Why doesn't line 15 on Form 1095-C match what I actually pay for coverage?
Line 15 reports the employee share of the lowest-cost monthly premium for self-only coverage, providing the minimum value offered by Best Buy. This may not match what you actually paid for coverage if you enrolled in a more expensive plan or have family coverage.
- Why is Part III of my Form 1095-C blank?
There are a few reasons this might occur:
- If you were eligible for medical benefits, but did not enroll.
- If you enrolled in coverage other than Best Buy's medical plan (e.g. through your spouse or domestic partner's employer), you will receive Form 1095-C from Best Buy with Part III intentionally left blank. Your spouse or domestic partner will receive a Form 1095-C with Part III completed and/or a Form 1095-B to include covered individuals.
- If you were eligible for the HMSA (Hawaii) or UHC Global plan, you will receive Form 1095-C from Best Buy with Part III intentionally left blank. You will receive Form 1095-B from your medical carrier, containing the additional information required.
- Will Social Security numbers (SSN) be included on the form?
Yes. As required by law, the form will include SSNs. On the form we send to you, only the last four digits will be displayed; on the form we send to the IRS, the full SSN will be displayed for you and any covered dependents.
- There is an error with my personal information on the form (name, address, Social Security number, etc.). What do I do?
- Contact the Best Buy Benefits Center at 1-866-475-6733, Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT, to request a correction and update your Best Buy personnel files.
- Why did I get more than one Form 1095?
You could receive multiple forms if you worked for more than one employer or worked in different departments or locations for the same employer. Additionally, if you have coverage through HMSA (Hawaii) or UHC Global, you will receive both Form 1095-B and Form 1095-C.
- I didn't enroll in medical benefits through Best Buy. Will I still get a form?
If you were eligible for medical benefits in 2016, even if you did not enroll, you will still get a form.
- Do I need to fill anything out on the form?
No. There is nothing you need to fill out on this form.
- Do I need to wait to get this form before I file my taxes?
According to the IRS, while the information on these forms may help you complete your tax return, they are not needed to file. You can file your federal tax return even if you have not received one of these statements.
- What do I do with the form?
Your form may help you complete questions regarding your medical benefits coverage on your tax return. Verify the information and retain it along with your W-2 and other tax documents.
- Does Best Buy coverage meet the federal definitions of minimum essential coverage, minimum value and affordable?
Yes. All Best Buy medical plans provide minimum essential coverage and meet the minimum value and affordable standards.
For any additional questions related to Form 1095, call the Best Buy Benefits Center at 1-866-475-6733, Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT.